Future Compilers

ctl8588@rigel.tamu.edu
14 Oct 90 21:12:02 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Future Compilers ctl8588@rigel.tamu.edu (1990-10-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: ctl8588@rigel.tamu.edu
Date: 14 Oct 90 21:12:02 GMT

Shot in the dark:Possibly a completeness test being required before a
company's compiler could be declared 'compatible' etc.. Something
along the lines of Tex's document test. Probly have to be administered
by a committee who would be responsible for updating/testing/documenting.
Wouldn't be that hard to see this for Ada, but for other languages
it's a stretch...*cackle*

Chet Laughlin CTL8588@RIGEL.TAMU.EDU (128.194.4.4)
[I was under the impression that for one to have a credible Ada compiler, it
has to pass the DOD's Ada test. There also at least used to be the FCVS which
tested commercial Fortran and Cobol compilers. As a former Fortran compiler
writer, I can say from experience that getting the compiler in shape to pass
the Fortran tests was a major pain. -John]