references/ideas on writing interpreters/debuggers

ham@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Peter R. Ham)
10 Oct 90 18:03:14

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
references/ideas on writing interpreters/debuggers ham@Neon.Stanford.EDU (1990-10-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: ham@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Peter R. Ham)
Date: 10 Oct 90 18:03:14

I have a Scheme system, Scheme->C. I've currently implemented a more
"user-friendly", pascalish (much simpler) language on top of this
system by translating the user friendly language to scheme. Now, I need
to build a debugger for this. I figure that since I'm generating the
code, I should be able to make it easy for my debugger to debug.
I've seen one reference on this "Debugging Standard ML Without Reverse
Engineering". Anybody have any ideas/references on how to do this?
The generated code doesn't have to be blazingly fast, I'm just looking
for a simple solution to support source level debugging, breakpoints,
and variable tracing.
Peter