Runtime display

francesc@dm.unibo.it (Giancarlo Franceschelli)
Thu, 27 Sep 90 14:26:29 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Runtime display francesc@dm.unibo.it (1990-09-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,alt.cobol,comp.unix.xenix.sco
From: francesc@dm.unibo.it (Giancarlo Franceschelli)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 90 14:26:29 +0200

It's the first time I write to a group, so probably I'll make a lot of errors.

I have a problem with the ACU-COBOL runtime, a Cobol compiler for ms-dos,
xenix, IBM AIX and other computers (I use it under SCO XENIX).

I need to display a sequence of special characters (they are "ESC" "(" "0" )
on the terminal (in vt100 emulation), and I use the DISPLAY command with a
string of this special characters (this sequence active the graphic mode).

For some reason, when I execute the compiled program, the ESC takes no
effect. I see "(0" on the video and the vt100 remains in normal character
mode.

This is a very specific question, so I suppose that only a few people can
help me. Can you help me in find these experts? How can I find more
information?

(My version of ACU-COBOL is 1.4)

My e-mail address is francesc@aida.cs.unibo.it

Thank you.