Request for info: Retargetable Optimizing Assemblers

schw@maxwell.hrl.hac.com (David Schwartz)
19 Sep 90 17:42:36 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Request for info: Retargetable Optimizing Assemblers schw@maxwell.hrl.hac.com (1990-09-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.arch,comp.compilers
From: schw@maxwell.hrl.hac.com (David Schwartz)
Date: 19 Sep 90 17:42:36 GMT

I have been looking at QTC's optimizing assembler capability. I'm interested
in finding out if there are any alternate vendors of similar proucts. I'm
looking for a retargetable assembler that lets me mix microcode and assembly
code. The assembly code is optimized (software pipelined, compacted, etc.)
into microcode.

If you have experience with meta-assemblers and care to drop me an E-mail note
about it, it would be appreciated.

Please send responses directly to me. If there is sufficient interest I will
summarize and post..

David Schwartz, Ph.D. schw@maxwell.hrl.hac.com
Hughes Research Laboratories
RL69 (213) 317-5216