public domain debugger

samik@cs.uoregon.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 90 21:13:20 PDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
public domain debugger samik@cs.uoregon.edu (1990-09-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: samik@cs.uoregon.edu
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 90 21:13:20 PDT

I'm looking for a public domain debugger that comes with source code. Since
I'm interested in studying the source to get an idea of how debuggers work,
I'd prefer it to be small and simple. It would be nice if it ran under Unix
but it's not essential.

Information regarding ftp sites that have the above would really be
appreciated. Incidentally, are there any books that discuss debugging
techniques and the writing of debuggers ? The usual compiler books don't.

Thanks.

Samik
samik@cs.uoregon.edu
[GDB is available in source form but it's hardly small; my printed copy is
four inches thick. -John]