Need help compiling "Compiler Design in C" code on Unix

harrison@necssd.NEC.COM (Mark Harrison)
21 Aug 90 19:07:05 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need help compiling "Compiler Design in C" code on Unix harrison@necssd.NEC.COM (1990-08-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: harrison@necssd.NEC.COM (Mark Harrison)
Date: 21 Aug 90 19:07:05 GMT

Has anyone had any experience porting the OCCS, LeX, LLAMA, from
Allen Holub's "Compiler Design in C" book to Unix? We are having
trouble porting to a Sun 4/280, Sparc processor, running SunOS 4.0.3.

We have compiled OCCS, LLama, and LeX, and they seem to be working.
We are having problems with the generated code for the C example.
Segmentation violations in several places, etc.

We are attempting to isolate the problem, but would like to communicate
with anyone who has done this before, or who has any ideas about
what avenues to explore.

Thanks,
Mark

PS- We have started calling this the "Mouse Book," after the "Dragon Book."
--
Mark Harrison harrison@necssd.NEC.COM
(214)518-5050 {necntc, cs.utexas.edu}!necssd!harrison