Re: Recognizing complicated patterns

moss@cs.umass.edu
Mon, 06 Aug 90 18:48:34 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Recognizing complicated patterns johnson@cs.uiuc.edu (Ralph Johnson) (1990-08-01)
Re: Recognizing complicated patterns moss@cs.umass.edu (1990-08-06)
Re: Recognizing complicated patterns pd@complex.Eng.Sun.COM (1990-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: moss@cs.umass.edu
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 90 18:48:34 GMT

I'm jumping into this thread without having seen what went before, and I'm
also at home so I can't use my bookshelf to double check my memory, but I seem
to recall that someone did a PhD thesis in the last ten years that indeed
could match patterns for rather complex instructions, though I am not sure
about loops (I do think it tried for block moves and such, so maybe loops are
included?). My recollection comes up with Rick Cattell's thesis, but I could
be wrong about that. Further comments? (And maybe I'll try to find his thesis
among my books when I'm next in my office ....) Eliot
--

J. Eliot B. Moss, Assistant Professor
Lederle Graduate Research Center