Looking for and Book or Article

ramsey@ncoast.ORG (Cedric Ramsey)
Wed, 23 May 90 15:08:09 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for and Book or Article ramsey@ncoast.ORG (1990-05-23)
Re: Looking for and Book or Article mike@acc.stolaf.edu (1990-05-30)
Re: Looking for and Book or Article budd@bu-it.bu.edu (1990-06-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 23 May 90 15:08:09 EDT
From: ramsey@ncoast.ORG (Cedric Ramsey)

Hello. I'm looking for a book or article by Stephen C. Johnson that
was written in 1979 called "A tour through the portable C compiler", AT&T BELL
LABS., MURRAY HILL, N.J.. I Called AT&T technical library an they didn't have
it. Does anybody know where I can get a copy of this book or article. I took
it from the bibliography section of a book called "Compilers Principles,
Techniques, and Tools", Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi, Jeffrey D. Ullman,
Addison-Wesley Publishing CO. If any of the authors sees this please help me
get this article. Please Reply via E-mail. Thank you in advance for your time
and help.

ramsey@ncoast.ORG
[This article was part of the documents that came with the seventh edition
source code and was reprinted as part of the BSD documentation. It is over
ten years old, and PCC has moved forward since then. I have seen probably
illegal xeroxes of papers describing more recent versions named QCC and RCC.
Is there anything publically available on the more recent stuff? -John]