Re: Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues

moss@cs.umass.edu (Eliot Moss)
6 Mar 90 13:54:57 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues paullu@cs.UAlberta.CA (1990-02-20)
Re: Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues kai@ifi.uio.no (1990-03-02)
Re: Reference wanted for post-Dragon Book issues moss@cs.umass.edu (1990-03-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: moss@cs.umass.edu (Eliot Moss)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Mar 90 13:54:57 GMT

While there are undoubtedly many people out there with more experience than I
have, I have been involved in the academic (and sometimes non-academic) side
of languages and their implementation for over 15 years, and am unaware of any
text of the kind Kai Quale and others are requesting. You have to go into the
journal conference literature, and there may be some books that will help, but
nothing written as a text from an unbiased or non-language-specific point of
view. I suspect that it is because the market would be too small. On the other
hand, if anybody knows of some really useful books, I suspect we'd *all* like
to hear about them .... Eliot Moss
--

J. Eliot B. Moss, Assistant Professor
Lederle Graduate Research Center