yet another version of Berkeley Yacc

corbett@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Bob Corbett)
16 Jan 90 07:52:27 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
yet another version of Berkeley Yacc corbett@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (1990-01-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: corbett@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Bob Corbett)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Jan 90 07:52:27 GMT

I have posted yet another version of Berkeley Yacc to ~ftp/pub/byacc.tar.Z
on ucbarpa (IP address 128.32.130.11). It can be retrieved using anonymous
ftp. It is in compressed tar format.

The previous version of Berkeley Yacc sometimes missed the end of a /* */
comment. Also, it sometimes produced improperly terminated comments from
line-end (//) comments. These bug were reported by Dave Gentzel. Keith
Bostic reported that Berkeley Yacc was producing a definition for YYSTYPE
when it should not. These bugs have been fixed in the present version.

The previous version of Berkeley Yacc tacked the macro YYCONST at the start
of all the tables. The idea was to allow the user to #define YYCONST to
be const for ANSI C. However, there are programs that massage
yacc-generated tables, and some of those programs cannot deal with the
extra token at the start of the line. Therefore, I have removed the macro.

Yours truly,
Bob Corbett
corbett@berkeley.edu