name that PD LALR(1) parser generator (status)

corbett@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Robert Corbett)
8 Sep 89 06:56:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
name that PD LALR(1) parser generator (status) corbett@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (1989-09-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: corbett@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Robert Corbett)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c,comp.lang.misc
Date: 8 Sep 89 06:56:49 GMT

          This morning I posted an item stating that, because of a few abusive
mailings I had received, I was no longer willing to consider changing the
name of my parser generator Zoo. Since then, my anger at those mush heads
has ebbed, and I am again planning to rename Zoo. The enthusiasm of the
role in causing me to relent.

          So far, the suggestion I like the best is ox. It was suggested by

Rayan Zachariassen University of Toronto,
Don Pardo University of Washington, and
Paul Eggert Twinsun

I am still open to suggestions.

Yours very truly,