Fortran compiler--parsing and lexical issues.

randy@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Randy Smith)
1 Jun 89 20:10:17 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Fortran compiler--parsing and lexical issues. randy@bu-cs.BU.EDU (1989-06-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: randy@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Randy Smith)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Jun 89 20:10:17 GMT

        [I am posting this for someone else; nevertheless, please reply to
          me as he doesn't have a net account. Please also reply to me
          directly, as I don't regularly read comp.compilers. If there's
          any interest in responses, I will summarize to this group.

-- Randy Smith
randy@wheaties.ai.mit.edu ]

I am looking for information on the "right" way to parse/lex Fortran, as I
am considering doing a Fortran Front End for GCC. If anyone knows of standard
techniques for this, I would greatly appreciate hearing about them or about
any descriptions of them in written or electronic form. Thanks in advance.

James Craig Burley
[I already told him about the F77 subset parser I've been giving away.
Any other suggestions? -John]