Data flow analysis tools

wagner@kong.siemens.com (Michael Wagner)
Fri, 31 Mar 89 15:47:25 EST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Data flow analysis tools wagner@kong.siemens.com (1989-03-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 89 15:47:25 EST
From: wagner@kong.siemens.com (Michael Wagner)

We're starting a research project into support for software maintenance
and one source of information we're looking at is data and control flow
analysis. So (surprise, surprise), we're looking to beg, borrow, steal
or even buy tools for this sort of thing. We're especially interested in
source code. We're concentrating on supporting C, and our current plans are
to steal the GCC front end and hack on that a bit. But GCC doesn't do any
inter-procedural analysis, which we consider essential. Also, we're not sure
if doing the analysis on basic blocks of RTL expressions is too low to get
any useful information relating back to the program text. So, before starting
from scratch, we'd like to hear from anybody doing anything similar.

Mike Wagner
Siemens Corporate Research, Inc.
Princeton, NJ 08540
Internet: wagner@cadillac.siemens.com