SIMD, MIMD optimization benchmarks; VAST references

steve@hubcap.clemson.edu (Steve Stevenson)
2 Dec 88 13:06:08 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SIMD, MIMD optimization benchmarks; VAST references steve@hubcap.clemson.edu (1988-12-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: steve@hubcap.clemson.edu (Steve Stevenson)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Dec 88 13:06:08 GMT

One of my coworkers is looking for some instructional examples on
optimization on newer architectures. He would like to present his
class with canonical examples of optimization procedures and
the compiler generated listing of the emitted code. I believe
that Argonne under Jack Dongerra is doing something, but would appreciate
any examples.

In a related area, the local wisdom is that VAST as produced by
Pacific-Sierra is the best vectorizer available. Can someone
point me to some references of what they're doing?

Steve (really "D. E.") Stevenson steve@hubcap.clemson.edu
Department of Computer Science, (803)656-5880.mabell
Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634-1906