Attribute Grammar Technology

"Reid M. Pinchback" <crocus.waterloo.edu!rmpinchback@RELAY.CS.NET>
9 Aug 88 01:21:09 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Attribute Grammar Technology crocus.waterloo.edu!rmpinchback@RELAY.CS.NET (Reid M. Pinchback) (1988-08-09)
Re: Attribute Grammar Technology haddock!cs.washington.edu!pardo (1988-08-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Reid M. Pinchback" <crocus.waterloo.edu!rmpinchback@RELAY.CS.NET>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Aug 88 01:21:09 GMT

      I've heard the buzz-phrase "attribute grammar" before, but I've never
heard a good description/definition of the concept. What is an attribute
grammar, how does it differ structurally from other kinds of grammars,
and what benefit does it provide in specifying either the syntax or
semantics of a language, or in developing language-oriented systems (like
compilers)?

                Reid
                ----
[If people would like to take a crack at this, I'll publish a compendium
of answers in a few days. -John]
[From "Reid M. Pinchback" <crocus.waterloo.edu!rmpinchback@RELAY.CS.NET>]