programming language names

lloyd@moncsbruce.oz.au (lloyd allison)
12 May 88 23:56:03 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
programming language names lloyd@moncsbruce.oz.au (1988-05-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: lloyd@moncsbruce.oz.au (lloyd allison)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang
Date: 12 May 88 23:56:03 GMT

ABC

I am compiling an ABC of programming language names and am stuck for
names beginning Q, U, W, X, Y and Z (would like another N too).
Please mail me any you can think of.

Requirements: must be a language that is in use at more than one
      site by more than just the original design team.
      Must not be a small variant of another language.
      eg. Algol60 and Algol68 are 2 distinct languages
              but Algol68C is a variant of Algol68
      Must be a "full" language capable of general computing tasks and
      not (say) a DB query language or a report generator.
      (ok I know these are all matters of judgement!)

Please include a reference to a defining paper, report or book if possible.

XYZ
[Try Neliac, Q'Nial, the Y language from Arizona, and Zetalisp. And send
[From lloyd@moncsbruce.oz.au (lloyd allison)]