Amsterdam compiler kit questions

lamont.Columbia.edu!dale@lamont (dale chayes)
28 Jan 88 02:27:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Amsterdam compiler kit questions lamont.Columbia.edu!dale@lamont (1988-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: lamont.Columbia.edu!dale@lamont (dale chayes)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Jan 88 02:27:49 GMT

We are considering buying the Amsterdam Compiler kit so generate
executabiles for z-80 (NSC-800), 8086/286, and 68xxx processors
now and who-knows-what in the future. We plan to run it on Sun-3s
and Masscomps.

As we understand it, the 'kit' comes with 'c' front ends for the
above processors.

We have one specific question:
Does it allow "in-line" assembler code?

And would really like to talk to someone on the phone about how
it "feels", compared to the American Automation or AD2500 cross
compiler/assemblers.

I will call, if you will mail me a number.

Thanks in advance
--
Dale Chayes Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University
usmail: Route 9W, Palisades, N.Y. 10964