Re: test version of G++, the GNU C++ compiler available.

harvard!rutgers!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!news
7 Jan 88 22:39:03 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
test version of G++, the GNU C++ compiler available. harvard!bu-it.BU.EDU!prep.ai.mit.edu!gnu (1987-12-31)
test version of G++, the GNU C++ compiler available. tiemann@mcc.com (1987-12-31)
Re: test version of G++, the GNU C++ compiler available. harvard!rutgers!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!news (1988-01-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: harvard!rutgers!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!news
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.c,comp.lang.misc,comp.emacs,comp.sources.d
Date: 7 Jan 88 22:39:03 GMT

In article <829@ima.ISC.COM> tower@bu-it.BU.EDU (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) writes:
>A test version of the GNU C++ Compiler is now available on
>prep.ai.mit.edu in the file /u/rms/tiemann.dist-*.tar.Z where * is a
>version number (e.g. 1.15.3).

*Lots and lots* of people have been calling Karl and me and sending us
mail asking us whether and when g++ and gdb+ will be available on
osu-cis for UUCP access.

Through the benevolence of various machines around here that have been
graciously deciding to go down or act flaky this week, just to prove
to our Department that the facilities staff is really necessary and
should therefore continue to be employed here (:-), we have thus far
been unable to FTP the files from prep so that we can make them
available to the rest of the world via UUCP.

As soon as we can, the latest g++ and gdb+ will be placed on osu-cis
and an announcement will be posted to comp.sources.d. This may happen
tomorrow or over the weekend, if our network cooperates. Until then,
please be patient - we're trying!
-=-
  Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
  The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
  bob@ohio-state.{arpa,csnet} or ...!cbosgd!osu-cis!bob
  soon: bob@cis.ohio-state.edu