SPL is a machine independent language.

harvard!talcott!icus!quincy!helm!dlbaer
Mon, 24 Aug 87 17:21:49 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SPL is a machine independent language. harvard!talcott!icus!quincy!helm!dlbaer (1987-08-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: harvard!talcott!icus!quincy!helm!dlbaer
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 87 17:21:49 EDT

SPL is a free format block structured programming language that I released
this year as shareware. FIle SPLPRESS is a descriptor file and SPLLIB.ARC
is the langauge system archive both on 516 334 8221 (300/1200 baud).

SPL is implemented as a translator and the processor translates SPL source
to BASIC. BASIC is then "the P code" which can be compiled and interpreted
on many machines. You cannot get more machine independent than that. I can
be reached at 516 694 5872 in NY from 10am-6:30pm.

Dennis Baer
25 Miller Road
Farmingdale,NY 11735
516 694 5872

dlbaer@helm
[There are those who would argue how machine independent Basic is, but
it's not a bad choice for a lingua franca. -John]