wanted: public-domain back-end code generator

"Gregg Townsend" <gmt@arizona.edu>
Wed, 8 Jul 87 11:14:22 MST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
wanted: public-domain back-end code generator gmt@arizona.edu (Gregg Townsend) (1987-07-08)
Re: wanted: public-domain back-end code generator reid@sask.UUCP (1987-07-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 87 11:14:22 MST
From: "Gregg Townsend" <gmt@arizona.edu>

We're working on a compiler we wish to distribute freely. Right now it uses
the Amsterdam Compiler Kit (ACK) for code generation, but of course that's
proprietary. We'd like to have something we could send out with the compiler.

Can anyone point me to a suitable public-domain code generator? It would need
to generate at least Sun (680x0) and Vax code.

Thanks in advance,

          Gregg Townsend / Computer Science Dept / Univ of Arizona / Tucson, AZ 85721
          +1 602 621 4325 gmt@Arizona.EDU 110 57 17 W / 32 13 47 N / +758m
[I'd like to see one, too, but I suspect you're out of luck. -John]