new news group proposal...

hubcap@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike S Marshall)
8 May 87 13:18:03 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
new news group proposal... hubcap@hubcap.clemson.edu (1987-05-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: hubcap@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike S Marshall)
Date: 8 May 87 13:18:03 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.arch,comp.compilers,comp.lang.misc,comp.sys.misc
Followup-to: news.groups
Date: 8 May 87 13:18:03 GMT

If there is sufficient interest I would like to create a hypercube newsgroup,
to be moderated by Dennis Stevenson (steve@hubcap.clemson.edu)...

Purpose. The purpose of the news group is to
(1) Provide a technical forum for exchange of information concerning
hypercubes. This information may be vendor specific or
vendor independent (such as general algorithms).
(2) Provide a means for users to get to know one another.
(3) Provide for timely dissemination of special meetings and/or
activites directily relating to hypercubes.
(4) "LIMITED" announcements by manufacturers.

Focus. The focus will be on scientific programming on all manner of
hypercubes. Eventually, I would expect the focus to expand to the
general non von Neumann architectures.

Mike Marshall hubcap@hubcap.clemson.edu ...!gatech!hubcap!hubcap
[Even in the absence of such a group, I'm interested in compiler issues that
apply to hypercubes. -John]