Looking for info on symbolic microcode debuggers

ihnp4!SRCSIP!vanden (Vanden)
Wed, 4 Mar 87 14:47:38 CST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for info on symbolic microcode debuggers ihnp4!SRCSIP!vanden (1987-03-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 4 Mar 87 14:47:38 CST
From: ihnp4!SRCSIP!vanden (Vanden)

I am looking for information about any symbolic microcode debuggers which
are being developed or used. By symbolic, I mean debugging at the source
level of a high level language. Some issues that I'm looking at specifically
are representing the state of the machine execution to the user, setting
source breakpoints that are not on basic block boundaries... Microcode
debuggers for unconventional (Non Von Neuman) architectures would be of
special interest.

I am aware of the microcode enviroments offered by Step and HiLevel, so I don't
need any help here. Any other information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kurt Vandenberg
Honeywell Systems and Research Center
3660 Technology Drive