Looking for minimal perfect hash functions.

tli@sargas.usc.edu (Tony Li)
25 Jan 87 10:30:37 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for minimal perfect hash functions. tli@sargas.usc.edu (1987-01-25)
Re: Looking for minimal perfect hash functions. ihnp4!bobkat!pedz (Pedz Thing) (1987-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: tli@sargas.usc.edu (Tony Li)
Date: 25 Jan 87 10:30:37 GMT

Hi,

Has anyone implemented a program for finding minimal perfect hashing
functions? The best reference that I have for them is CACM May '85 "A
Polynomial Time Generator for Minimal Perfect Hash Functions". The
algorithm is somewhat lengthy (and messy) so I would really not like
to have to re-invent the wheel. If you have such a beastie, could you
please send me a copy? Thanks. And maybe mod.sources would like a
copy too.

Thanks in advance,
Tony ;-)
[I haven't seen anything since then, but as always encourage submissions
from readers. -John]