Re: portable code generator needed

emoryu1!emory!arnold (Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC})
Tue, 20 Jan 87 12:57:21 EST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
portable code generator needed harvard!rutgers!topaz!columbia!ibm.com!DFB (David Bacon) (1987-01-14)
Re: portable code generator needed emoryu1!emory!arnold (1987-01-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 87 12:57:21 EST
From: emoryu1!emory!arnold (Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC})

In article <447@ima.UUCP> you write:
>can anyone out there tell me if i can find a code generator (public domain or
>commercially available) that satisfies the following conditions ...

The Amsterdam Compiler Kit (ACK), currently available through Unipress Software,
fills this bill nicely. It has code generators for vax, ibm pc (8086), pdp11
and 6800, and I think 68000, using a well defined stack based pseudo code.

From what I know about it, the 6 man months given in the request is about what
it would take to write a code generator for a new machine.
--
Arnold Robbins
CSNET: arnold@emory BITNET: arnold@emoryu1