Re: Ganapathi's code generation

compilers@ima.UUCP
8 Jan 86 16:32:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Ganapathi's code generation compilers@ima.UUCP (1986-01-07)
Re: Ganapathi's code generation compilers@ima.UUCP (1986-01-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@ima.UUCP
Newsgroups: mod.compilers
Date: 8 Jan 86 16:32:00 GMT
Nf-ID: #N:ima:136300033:000:556
Nf-From: ima!compilers Jan 8 11:32:00 1986

[from ]

Denotational semantics is easy and natural for Lisp hackers, since it's
all objects and functions. A corollary is that it gets hairy for Lisp
when one starts doing destructive ops and nonlocal jumps, so formal
definitions of Common Lisp are hard to find... Stoy's book is a good
one, although some dislike it because it's not sufficiently precise...

Can anyone refute my gut feeling that attribute grammars are a kludge?
I've never found a really solid justification for their existence...

stan shebs