getting AST from yacc

iwlnx <larry@rockridgefarm.com>
Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:45:06 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
getting AST from yacc larry@rockridgefarm.com (iwlnx) (2023-03-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: iwlnx <larry@rockridgefarm.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:45:06 -0400

I am a bit old and do not learn as well as in the past. I have a very
large yacc file that works fine.

What I want is to produce an AST tree from the yacc .y file. I have read
many things on the net

about this but they all start at too high a level for me to grasp.

Any help for an old slow old man (related to this problem)?

Larry
[The short answer is that yacc doesn't do that, but it's not hard to write action
code that builds a AST as it does the rule reductions. If you can find a copy of
my "flex & bison" it has some examples that build AST. -John]