Re: STEP compiler generator

gah4 <gah4@u.washington.edu>
Tue, 21 Jun 2022 21:37:02 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
STEP compiler generator gah4@u.washington.edu (gah4) (2022-06-14)
Re: STEP compiler generator gah4@u.washington.edu (gah4) (2022-06-17)
Re: STEP compiler generator christopher.f.clark@compiler-resources.com (Christopher F Clark) (2022-06-22)
Re: STEP compiler generator gah4@u.washington.edu (gah4) (2022-06-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: gah4 <gah4@u.washington.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 21:37:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 4:24:10 PM UTC-7, Christopher F Clark wrote:

> I'm not quite certain what problem you are trying to explain how to solve.
> Thus, this reply has been delayed and may be off track.

Yes, I didn't expect so much interest in 45 year old software.

(Though last year I had IBM's ECAP running, which is closer to 60
years old. It is Fortran IV, translated from Fortran II.)

So, yes, the core of Bison, the processor for generated parsers,
and C interpreter together in one program would be about right.

In case no-one thought of it before, it is now thought of.

I believe STEP was someone's PhD project. Maybe someone else
needs a project.