|Seed7 Release 2020-09-29 email@example.com (2020-09-29)|
|Date:||Tue, 29 Sep 2020 11:32:56 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="60080"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||01 Oct 2020 12:10:02 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20200929.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Support for link time optimization has been added. It is available if
Seed7 is compiled with gcc or clang. The Seed7 compiler option -flto
can be used to activate link time optimization.
- Answers to six new questions have been added to the FAQ.
- A chapter about for-loops and containers has been added to the
- The ternary operator a ? b : c has been defined for integer, float,
complex, rational, bigInteger, bigRational, char, string, bstring,
boolean, bin32 and bin64.
- Tests for the ternary operator have been added to chkbig.sd7,
chkbin.sd7, chkbool.sd7, chkbst.sd7, chkchr.sd7, chkflt.sd7,
chkint.sd7 and chkstr.sd7.
- The function rand(low, high) for float has been changed to return a
number in the range [low, high) instead of [low, high]. The range
[low, high) is commonly used by float random number generators.
- Tests for the rand() function have been added to chkflt.sd7.
- The Seed7 compiler has been improved to inline code for the action
FLT_RAND, if the option -oc3 is used and both bounds are constant.
- Definitions of FLOATTYPE_MANTISSA_BITS, FLOATTYPE_EXPONENT_OFFSET,
STMT_BLOCK_IN_PARENTHESES_OK, RAND_MULTIPLIER, RAND_INCREMENT,
CC_OPT_LINK_TIME_OPTIMIZATION and LINKER_OPT_LTO_MANDATORY have been
added to cc_conf.s7i.
- The files confval.sd7 and cmd_rtl.c have been improved to use the new
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the action
- In comp/int_act.s7i the functions uintRand(), uintRandMantissa() and
uintRandLimited() are defined as macros now, if the Seed7 compiler
has been called with -oc3.
- In name.c the function close_stack() has been improved to dump the
values of BLOCKOBJECT objects after the values of other objects have
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to determine the values
CC_OPT_LINK_TIME_OPTIMIZATION and LINKER_OPT_LTO_MANDATORY.
- In progs.s7i documentation comments for parseFile(), parseStri() and
execute() have been improved.
- The program chk_all.sd7 has been adjusted to the changes in the
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.