|Seed7 Release 2020-02-09 firstname.lastname@example.org (2020-02-14)|
|Date:||Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:55:09 -0800 (PST)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="51383"; mail-complaints-to="email@example.com"|
|Posted-Date:||14 Feb 2020 14:59:31 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20200209.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The new database driver sql_tds.c has been added. This driver uses
the Tabular Data Stream (TDS) protocol to transfer data between
database server and client. TDS is used by SQL Server and Sybase.
This driver allows the connection to a SQL Server database from
- The new library db_prop.s7i has been added. This library provides a
collection of database properties.
- The example program chkdb.sd7 has been improved:
- Tests with comments in sql statements have been added.
- Tests that fetch boolean values from numeric fields have been
- Tests for date, time, datetime and timestamp fields have been
- In the library time.s7i the function time() has been improved, to
accept more variants of the ISO 8601 time and date format including
variants with a time zone.
- The interpreter (s7) has been improved to write the error message of
a DATABASE_ERROR, if the exception is not catched.
- In tim_rtl.c the function timUtcFromTimestamp() has been improved to
work without calling gmtime() or gmtime_r() or gmtime_s(). Now the
function always works with a 64-bit signed timestamp. Gmtime() uses
time_t, which can be 32-bit or 64-bit and it can be signed or
- In tim_rtl.c the function timToTimestamp() has been improved to work
without calling mkutc(). This way the function always works with a
64-bit signed timestamp. Mkutc() is also defined in tim_rtl.c and it
uses the system dependend type time_t.
- In tim_rtl.c the functions timToOsTimestamp(), assignTime() and
dateFromDaysSince1900() have been added and the functions
timFromBigTimestamp() and timToBigTimestamp() have been removed.
- In exec.c the functions par_restore() and loc_restore() have been
improved to free unneeded memory, in case an exception has been
- In executl.c the function destroy_local_object() has been improved to
optionally ignore exceptions.
- The functions leaveExceptionHandling(), saveFailState() and
restoreFailState() have been added to runerr.c. This function is used
in executl.c and prclib.c.
- In numutl.c the functions getDecimalBigRational() and
getDecimalFloat() have been improved to accept both, a decimal point
and a decimal comma.
- In several database drivers the function processStatementStri() has
been improved to replace a comment with a space.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
SQL_ROLLBACK, SQL_GET_AUTO_COMMIT and SQL_SET_AUTO_COMMIT.
- The functions sqlRollback(), sqlGetAutoCommit() and
sqlSetAutoCommit() have been added to sql_cli.c, sql_lite.c,
sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_post.c and sql_rtl.c.
- In the database driver sql_lite.c the functions sqlBindTime() and
sqlColumnTime() have been improved to support more time and date
formats. The function sqlColumnTime() calls assignTime() to reach
- In the database driver sql_my.c the function sqlColumnTime() has
been improved to correct values, if they are outside of the allowed
- The database driver sql_db2.c has been improved to allow that for
the functions SQLExecute() and SQLFetch() SUCCESS_WITH_INFO is
treated as SQL_SUCCESS.
- The database driver sql_post.c has been improved:
- Inserting and selecting time fields is now supported under
different operating systems and compilers.
- The type preparedStmtRecord and the functions freePreparedStmt()
and sqlPrepare() have been improved such that a prepared statement
maintains a dbType reference instead of a connection (PGconn).
- The functions doExecSql() and implicitCommit() have been added.
These functions are used for autocommit and for transaction
- The database driver sql_oci.c has been improved:
- The function sqlBindTime() has been improved to set the timeZone
and to use a nanosecond as unit for the fraction of a second.
There is also a check for situations in which the function
- The function sqlColumnTime() has been improved to use the function
OCIDateTimeGetTimeZoneOffset() to retrieve a timeZone and to use a
nanosecond as unit for the fraction of a second.
- The database driver sql_cli.c has been improved:
- In case of a DATABASE_ERROR exception the native SQL error is
assigned to the errorCode.
- The function freePreparedStmt() has been changed to ignore
possible errors of SQLFreeStmt().
- Binding SQL_BLOB and SQL_CLOB parameters is supported now.
- Retrieving SQL_SS_TIME2 and SQL_XML columns is supported now.
- Retrieving datetime2 columns in sqlColumnTime() has been improved
to use the function assignTime().
- The database include files db_lite.h, db_my.h, db_oci.h and db_odbc.h
have been improved.
- In sql_srv.c the functions connectToServer() and
connectToLocalServer() have been improved to return a boolean value
instead of a SQLRETURN value.
- In cmd_rtl.c the functions cmdSetATime() and cmdSetMTime() have been
improved to use the new function timToOsTimestamp().
- The function determineTdsDefines() has been added to chkccomp.c.
- In exec.c the function suspendInterpreter() has been renamed to
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.