Examples/resources for the "middle end" of a compiler?

luser droog <mijoryx@yahoo.com.dmarc.email>
Thu, 20 Jun 2019 14:47:49 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Examples/resources for the "middle end" of a compiler? mijoryx@yahoo.com.dmarc.email (luser droog) (2019-06-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: luser droog <mijoryx@yahoo.com.dmarc.email>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 14:47:49 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 21 Jun 2019 16:28:01 EDT

I have worked up a scanner and parser for a primitive version of C,
but I have hit a block on how to extend the code further to make
a fully working compiler.

I have a lisp-like list containing sublists and token objects.
What does a nice tree traversal code look like? Any thoughts or
suggestions? I can add annotations in the parser to insert things
to search for.

Perhaps my problem is vague criteria. I kind of want to make a
code formatting tool first rather than a compiler, so I really want
some kind of middle-end processing that makes formatting easier.

I am ignoring the rats nest issue of the preprocessor entirely for
the present.

To put it succinctly, are there any good examples of lisp code for
processing a C-like grammar that handles the middle end nicely?
Or any related stuff I should look at? tia