|Seed7 Release 2019-06-10 email@example.com (2019-06-10)|
|Date:||Mon, 10 Jun 2019 07:20:57 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="14906"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||10 Jun 2019 10:23:17 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20190610.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The library float.s7i has been improved to support the float
operators 'rem' (floating-point remainder) and 'mod' (floating-point
- The program chkflt.sd7 has been improved to check floating-point
literals and the new operators 'rem' and 'mod'. The tests for the
operator ** have been improved also.
- Compiler and interpreter have been improved to work correct, even
when the C functions fmod(), exp(), ldexp(), frexp() and sqrt() do
not work 100% correct.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to detect weaknesses of
numeric functions. These weaknesses happen when handling with NaN,
Infinity or when other special cases occur.
- A new version of the function timAwait() has been added to tim_unx.c.
This function is used when AWAIT_WITH_NANOSLEEP is defined.
- The makefiles mk_emccl.mak and mk_emccw.mak have been improved to
define AWAIT_WITH_NANOSLEEP instead of AWAIT_WITH_SELECT.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
FLT_MOD and FLT_REM.
- In the compiler (in comp/flt_act.s7i) a corner case of the action
FLT_IPOW (when CHECK_FLOAT_DIV_BY_ZERO is TRUE and the exponent is
negative and the base is zero (0.0 or -0.0)) has been fixed.
- The configuration values FLOAT_COMPARISON_OKAY, FMOD_FUNCTION_OKAY,
EXP_FUNCTION_OKAY, LDEXP_FUNCTION_OKAY and FREXP_FUNCTION_OKAY have
been added to cc_conf.s7i. The configuration values
NAN_COMPARISON_OKAY and FREXP_INFINITY_NAN_OKAY have been removed.
- The functions fltDecompose(), fltExp(), fltLdexp(), fltMod() and
fltRem() have been added to flt_rtl.c. These functions are used, when
the corresponding C functions frexp(), exp(), ldexp() and fmod() do
not work 100% correct.
- In flt_rtl.c the functions fltEq(), fltGe(), fltGt(), fltLe() and
fltLt() have been improved. These improvements help, when the
comparison of float or double values does not work 100% correct.
- In flt_rtl.c the functions fltPow(), getMantissaAndExponent(),
setMantissaAndExponent() and fltSqrt() have been improved. These
improvements help, when the underlying C functions pow(), frexp(),
ldexp() and sqrt() do not work 100% correct.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to define the macros
SQRT_OF_NAN_OKAY, SQRT_OF_NEGATIVE_OKAY, EXP_OF_NAN_OKAY,
LDEXP_OF_NAN_OKAY, FREXP_SUBNORMAL_OKAY, FMOD_DIVIDEND_NAN_OKAY,
FMOD_DIVISOR_INFINITY_OKAY and FMOD_DIVISOR_ZERO_OKAY.
- In cmd_rtl.c the function cmdConfigValue has been improved to support
the config values FLOAT_COMPARISON_OKAY, EXP_FUNCTION_OKAY,
FMOD_FUNCTION_OKAY, LDEXP_FUNCTION_OKAY and FREXP_FUNCTION_OKAY.
- Definitions of the macros FLOAT_COMPARISON_OKAY, SQRT_FUNCTION_OKAY,
EXP_FUNCTION_OKAY, LDEXP_FUNCTION_OKAY, FREXP_FUNCTION_OKAY and
FMOD_FUNCTION_OKAY have been added to commpn.h
- Documentation comments have been improved in intlib.c, int_rtl.c,
match.c, str_rtl.c, keybd.s7i and vectorfont.s7i.
- In comp/int_act.s7i the variable quotient_name has been renamed to
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.