Parser Reversed

Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1@netscape.net>
Sun, 11 Mar 2018 08:32:55 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parser Reversed DrDiettrich1@netscape.net (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2018-03-11)
Re: Parser Reversed matdzb@gmail.com (Matt P. Dziubinski) (2018-03-11)
Re: Parser Reversed 157-073-9834@kylheku.com (Kaz Kylheku) (2018-03-12)
Re: Parser Reversed DrDiettrich1@netscape.net (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2018-03-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1@netscape.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 08:32:55 +0100
Posted-Date: 11 Mar 2018 05:44:14 EDT

A grammar can be used to *check* for valid sentences of a language, but
it also can be used to *create* valid sentences. For a pretty printer or
decompiler test I need a sentence generator for logical expressions. For
now the language can be restricted to AND, OR, variables and (kind of)
parentheses. Later on NOT and XOR can be added. RPN is one alternative
for the "kind of parentheses", eliminating the need for a specific
operator precedence.

Now I'm looking for possible implementations of such a generator, in
addition to my own ideas. So far the output can be anything, e.g. source
code or machine code, or some tree (AST...).

Any ideas or references to such projects?

TIA
      DoDi