Storage location suggestions?

Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1@aol.com.dmarc.email>
Mon, 7 Aug 2017 13:09:58 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Storage location suggestions? DrDiettrich1@aol.com.dmarc.email (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2017-08-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1@aol.com.dmarc.email>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 13:09:58 +0200
Posted-Date: 08 Aug 2017 12:56:18 EDT

Now I've reached a milestone in my C to Pascal converter, and want to
publish it. I have no personal web space, and most offers do not support
SVN or Git.

I've tried Github, but it seems not to allow for additional
(unversioned) files, which in my project represent documentation and
user-editable settings. Effectively the project should be split into
kind of libraries (Delphi packages) for the C front end, the
Pascal/Delphi back end, and the common AST and symbol table storage.
Example programs can be added to demonstrate console and GUI wrappers,
preprocessor, parser, header converter and further application cases.
For immediate use an existing compiler (gcc? MinGW?) could be added as
another sub-project, whose standard header files can be used by the
parser. All that seems to defeat the use of repositories, in favour of
archives containing the most recent state of all modules?

What would you recommend me?

DoDi
[Put it on github. Even though every file is nominally versioned it's
quite common to put documents that never change as part of a project. -John]