Re: Seed7 Release 2014-12-07

mertesthomas@gmail.com
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 00:50:25 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Seed7 Release 2014-12-07 mertesthomas@gmail.com (2014-12-08)
Re: Seed7 Release 2014-12-07 mertesthomas@gmail.com (2014-12-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mertesthomas@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 00:50:25 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 12 Dec 2014 00:25:14 EST

On Tue, 2014-12-09 23:39:21 UTC+1 mertes...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20141207.tgz In the
> Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
> declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
> templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
> when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
> more obvious.

Seed7 version 2014-12-07 has some issues with building under Windows.
This has to do with database drivers and initialization values in
makefiles. To fix that I released version 2014-12-10:
seed7_05_20141210.tgz

ChangeLog:
- The database drivers sql_lite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c
    and sql_post.c have been improved to select a shared library / DLL
    from a list of candidates.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to configure database
    drivers with a list of shared libraries / DLLs.
- The makefiles mk_bcc32.mak, mk_bccv5.mak, mk_msvc.mak, mk_msys.mak,
    mk_mingc.mak, mk_mingw.mak and mk_nmake.mak have been improved to
    write definitions of the C macros MYSQL_DLL, SQLITE_DLL and
    POSTGRESQL_DLL to the file chkccomp.h.
- The chapters about integer, rational and exceptions in the manual
    have been improved.
- In bigint.s7i the performance of the binomial coefficient operator
    (infix operator symbol: ! ) has been improved by 17% (measured with
    gcc and valgrind).
- The optimization of constant expessions in the compiler has been
    improved.
- The program esc2qte.c has been added. This program searches for
    backslash escaped spaces and quotes the string instead. It is used
    by mk_nmake.mak to process the file depend.
- Documentation comments in integer.s7i have been improved.
- The recognition of integer formats in chkccomp.c has been improved
    (the test programs now include <string.h>).
- The makefiles mk_msys.mak and mk_nmake.mak have been improved to
    use wrdepend.exe to determine the dependencies.
- The program wrdepend.c has been changed to include config.h (this
    way the macro MAP_ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_DRIVE_LETTERS is available).
- A cast has been added to sudo.c.

Regards,
Thomas Mertes