Re: Formatting of Language LRMs

mertesthomas@gmail.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:04:56 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Formatting of Language LRMs seimarao@gmail.com (Seima Rao) (2014-06-17)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs lpsantil@gmail.com (lpsantil@gmail.com) (2014-06-20)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs ivan@ootbcomp.com (Ivan Godard) (2014-06-20)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2014-06-21)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs kaz@kylheku.com (Kaz Kylheku) (2014-06-21)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs Pidgeot18@verizon.net.invalid (=?UTF-8?B?Sm9zaHVhIENyYW5tZXIg8J+Qpw==?=) (2014-06-22)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs mertesthomas@gmail.com (2014-06-30)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs ivan@ootbcomp.com (Ivan Godard) (2014-07-03)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs federation2005@netzero.com (2014-07-28)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs federation2005@netzero.com (2014-08-01)
Re: Formatting of Language LRMs gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2014-08-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mertesthomas@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:04:56 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 30 Jun 2014 23:21:46 EDT

At tuesday, 17. Juni 2014 13:24:12 UTC+2 wrote Seima Rao:
> Therefore I am curious to know if there are other interesting formatting
> of language standards or language definitions such that the
> pattern is different?

There is no Seed7 standard, but Seed7 uses, at least partly, other
ways than BNF for syntax and english for semantic descriptions.

Seed7 describes syntax with the Seed7 Structured Syntax Description
(S7SSD). See http://seed7.sourceforge.net/manual/syntax.htm S7SSD
describes the syntax based on typeless operators. The operators can be
prefix, infix and postfix. There are also operators which contain
several keywords. Only the syntax of literals is described with BNF.

For the semantic description normal functions are used. E.g.:
http://seed7.sourceforge.net/manual/stats.htm#while-statement
Call-by-name parameters are used for condition parameters and loop
bodies. Just some semantic descriptions still rely on english.

Greetings Thomas Mertes