|Seed7 Release 2014-06-15 firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-06-15)|
|Date:||Sun, 15 Jun 2014 12:48:37 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||15 Jun 2014 19:22:02 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140615.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The makefile mk_freebsd.mk has been changed to work with the new
version of chkccomp.c. Thanks go to Pietro Cerutti for pointing out
- The self extracting Seed7 package for windows has been improved to
use gcc version 4.8.1 instead of 4.5.0.
- The new function removeTree, which removes a directory tree, has
been introduced in osfiles.s7i. The function removeAnyFile, which
has been used for the same purpose, is deprecated. Deprecated
functions will be removed in a future version.
- Checks for hash tables with character keys have been added to
- The test program "chkcmd.sd7" has been added. This program checks
functions that copy, move and remove files. Note that windows has
race conditions when files are copied, moved and removed quickly in
succession. This bug of windows cannot be fixed in a runtime
- The function temp_name_in_dir has been added to striutl.c.
- The typedef of socketType in common.h has been changed such that
socketType is always int.
- Functions in soc_rtl.c, pol_sel.c and pol_unx.c have been changed
to use the type os_socketType.
- Tracing statements in hsh_rtl.c, cmd_rtl.c, drw_win.c and drw_x11.c
have been changed to use the FMT_ strings from common.h. This way
the tracing is more portable.
- Under Windows the functions cmdRemoveFile and cmdRemoveTree now
rename a file before it is removed. When the renaming fails the
directory is left intact. This avoids half removed directory trees
under Windows, when a process has the current working directory
somewhere in the directory that is to be removed. The renaming also
lowers the probability of race conditions under Windows, but they
still can happen.
- The function checkMoveDirectory has been added to chkccomp.c.
- The target make7 has been added to the makefiles. With 'make make7'
an executable of the make7 program is generated and placed in
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.