Compiler positions available for week ending November 27

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
27 Nov 2011 08:59:39 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending November 27 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-11-29)
Compiler positions available for week ending November 27 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2011-11-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Nov 2011 08:59:39 -0000
Posted-Date: 27 Nov 2011 15:37:08 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:29:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Scott Spears <scott.spears@rms.com>
Subject: Sr. Compiler Software Engineer - SF Bay Area

Title: Sr. Compiler Software Engineer
Location: Newark, CA
US Candidates only please
Contact: scott.spears@rms.com or apply directly at
http://www.rms.com/careers/jobs/job.asp?req=12035

Job Description:

In this position, you will help build core Financial Engines and
Delivery Infrastructure in the Cloud.

This will be an opportunity to play a key role in innovating from the
ground up as we create our next generation of solutions for the cloud.
We would like you to bring your ideas and considerable software
engineering skills to our small, growing team.

We're working on exciting projects that change how the industry does
business. We're building a language and compiler to describe financial
contracts. We simulate these in distributed high throughput data
environments. We'll build visualization. In the cloud, we deliver as a
RESTful web service. We are evaluating GPGPU solutions.

If you're enthusiastic about building new solutions, derive joy from
learning new technologies, excel at communicating with others to
figure out what to build, and want to take responsibility, grow and
deliver the solutions, we want to hear from you.

Essentially, we're looking for great programmers who're smart
and motivated.

Exceptional programming skills - experience in one OO language
of choice (C++, C#) writing substantial volume of code.

* Experience building
compilers with good understanding of dataflow, graphs and trees. Desire to
branch out into non-traditional compiler work.
* Experience of optimization
techniques and using performance monitoring and memory profiling tools
*
Demonstrated team or project leadership roles.
* Excellent command of written
and spoken English
* Track record of building high performance, production
quality software on schedule.
* Strong engineering discipline: you document,
measure, test and tune what you build.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related
field.
In addition, extra weight will be given to these candidates:

*
Experience or interest in programming accelerators (GPGPU, FPGA).
* Worked
with or developed probabilistic simulation models

Founded in 1989 as a
spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader
in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to
terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical
risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in
our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America,
Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than
it used to be, but we're still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether
quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs
could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or
transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our
passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject
as unsolvable.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive
change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world
through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit
www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer

If interested,
please email resume to scott.spears@rms.com or apply directly at
http://www.rms.com/careers/jobs/job.asp?req=12035