|Seed7 Release 2009-08-16 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2009-08-16)|
|Date:||Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:12:14 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||16 Aug 2009 17:50:12 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20090816.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapters explaining external files, the KEYBOARD file, files
with line structure and sockets in the manual were added or
- The function timestamp1970ToTime was added to the 'time.s7i'
- The tarx.sd7 example program was improved.
- Documentation comments in the libraries rational.s7i, bigrat.s7i,
keybd.s7i, socket.s7i and time.s7i were improved.
- The function alternate_utime was introduced to allow changing the
access and modification times of directories under windows.
- The makefiles mk_bcc32.mak, mk_mingw.mak, mk_msvc.mak, mk_msys.mak
and mk_nmake.mak were improved to support alternate_utime.
- The type 'screen_keybd_file' was renamed to 'console_keybd_file'
and the keyboard file 'SCREEN_KEYBOARD' was renamed to
'CONSOLE_KEYBOARD' in the file 'keybd.s7i'.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.