Companion language was PCC, TCC - new front end

Marco <prenom_nomus@yahoo.com>
Mon, 25 May 2009 09:43:31 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PCC, TCC - new front end prenom_nomus@yahoo.com (Marco) (2009-05-22)
Re: PCC, TCC - new front end rpw3@rpw3.org (2009-05-24)
Companion language was PCC, TCC - new front end prenom_nomus@yahoo.com (Marco) (2009-05-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Marco <prenom_nomus@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 09:43:31 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 25 May 2009 12:56:12 EDT

On May 24, 7:50 pm, r...@rpw3.org (Rob Warnock) wrote:
> Marco <prenom_no...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Rob - thanks for all the nice links I will look them over

I am specifically looking for an imperative-procedural language or a
math companion language example that works in the "C" world.

I was thinking of writing the compiler/translator in C but now I'm
thinking about Ruby or Python. Other suggestions? This is a proof of
concept so compilation speed is not an issue. I currently don't know
any functional languages so that would be a big learning curve for me
unless a specific example exists that I could modify and learn at the
same time.

thanks
[Scheme is a great language. It's worth learning. -John]