Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction.

Ryan McCoskrie <ryan.mccoskrie@gmail.com>
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:21:41 +1200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction. ryan.mccoskrie@gmail.com (Ryan McCoskrie) (2009-04-12)
Re: Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction. nmh@T3X.ORG (Nils M Holm) (2009-04-14)
Re: Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction. gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2009-04-17)
Re: Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction. dwnewsgroups@tiscali.co.uk (Dean Wakerley) (2009-04-18)
Re: Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction. lkrupp@indra.com (Louis Krupp) (2009-04-19)
Re: Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction. sh006d3592@blueyonder.co.uk (Stephen Horne) (2009-04-20)
Re: Having trouble finding texts on compiler construction. jthorn@astro.indiana.edu (Jonathan Thornburg) (2009-04-20)

From: Ryan McCoskrie <ryan.mccoskrie@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:21:41 +1200
Posted-Date: 13 Apr 2009 17:52:35 EDT

I'm trying to find some good text on compiler construction that don't
explain things in terms of visual information (trees etcetera) and
maths(which boils down to processing visual information).

The reason to this is that I have a rare disability called NLD (Non-verbal
Learning Disorder) which essentially means that the only parts of my brain
that act as they should are the ones that deal with interpreting speech.

Put it this way, Perl syntax makes sense but depth perception doesn't.

I have tried reading the dragon book but most of it revolved around
the diagrams. Does anyone know of a text that I could follow? I have
found a couple of lex and yacc tutorials that have got me to some
distance but not beyond making interpreters for calculators.

--
Quote of the login:
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile." -- Karl Lehenbauer