Compiler writing mentored group

"Derek M. Jones" <derek@knosof.co.uk>
Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:15:55 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler writing mentored group derek@knosof.co.uk (Derek M. Jones) (2009-04-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Derek M. Jones" <derek@knosof.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:15:55 +0100
Posted-Date: 08 Apr 2009 16:42:15 EDT

All,

I will be running a compiler writing mentored group for the ACCU
(http://www.accu.org) starting in May, for 6 months. My current plan
for the default project is described here (a compiler stress case
generator and fault minimizer):
http://shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com/2009/03/finding-the-minimum-faulty-program/

People will have to be a member of the ACCU to take part (otherwise it
is free) and will be expected to write code in/for the language of
their choice. It would be nice if the group could meet up every now
and again (probably UK people only, but perhaps some Skype conference
call system can be set up).

Hopefully we will end up with compiler stress testing systems
for various languages.