Re: Looking for a compiler project to join

Daniel Kraft <d@domob.eu>
Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:05:29 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for a compiler project to join fatdogs12@gmail.com (2009-04-01)
Re: Looking for a compiler project to join d@domob.eu (Daniel Kraft) (2009-04-04)
Re: Looking for a compiler project to join paul.biggar@gmail.com (Paul Biggar) (2009-04-04)
Re: Looking for a compiler project to join ctalk@ctalklang.org (rkiesling) (2009-04-05)
Re: Looking for a compiler project to join cmeerw@cmeerw.org (Christof Meerwald) (2009-04-06)
Looking for a compiler project to join mikekucera@gmail.com (Mike Kucera) (2009-04-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Daniel Kraft <d@domob.eu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:05:29 +0200
Posted-Date: 04 Apr 2009 11:09:09 EDT

Hi,

fatdogs12@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm interested in joining an on going compiler development project
> (like an open source project or otherwise), whether a new language or
> traditional one, it doesn't really matter much to me. As long as I can
> get some experience working on an significant size of the project
> (other than just bug fixes that is).

that may not be exactly "working on a significant size of the project",
but you could look at gfortran (the GCC's Fortran front-end, see
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran); we're currently in the process of
implementing the new Fortran 2003 and 2008 standards, and this means
there's a lot of implementing new features work to do (and not just bug
fixing); and we're of course appreciating any help we can get.

So maybe this can be interesting for you... We'd be happy if you would
give it a try (or look if it is really something you could enjoy)!

Daniel

--
Done: Arc-Bar-Cav-Ran-Rog-Sam-Tou-Val-Wiz
To go: Hea-Kni-Mon-Pri