Re: An LALR(1) Tutorial

James Harris <james.harris.1@googlemail.com>
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:01:36 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
An LALR(1) Tutorial sjackson@cs.dal.ca (Stephen Jackson) (2009-02-19)
Re: An LALR(1) Tutorial james.harris.1@googlemail.com (James Harris) (2009-02-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: James Harris <james.harris.1@googlemail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:01:36 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 25 Feb 2009 14:28:03 EST

On 19 Feb, 22:31, Stephen Jackson <sjack...@cs.dal.ca> wrote:
> After having a bit of trouble getting my head around LALR(1) parsing, I
> decided to write an introductory tutorial on the subject. It isn't
> perfect, and I wouldn't be surprised if I did something completely wrong.
> Which means I'll call it a beta version.
>
> You can read it athttp://www.sjackson.ca/lalr1.html

Good job! Thanks for posting this. Standard LR parsing is something
I've struggled to understand for years, on and off. (Don't get me
wrong. I think I understand the basics but I keep wanting to do it
differently. But that's another topic.)

I think it's a great idea to use gobbet-sized info in flash cards and
I like the fact that you dispensed with a long introduction and got
straight into the subject. More documents should be written this way.

James