Release of DDG 2.0

Sid Touati <SidTouati@inria.fr>
Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:07:24 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Release of DDG 2.0 SidTouati@inria.fr (Sid Touati) (2009-01-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sid Touati <SidTouati@inria.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.arch
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:07:24 +0100
Posted-Date: 02 Jan 2009 10:40:11 EST

Dear colleagues,
the new year comes with a new version for the C++ DDG library:
http://www.prism.uvsq.fr/~touati/sw/DDG

DDG is a generic C++ library that handles data dependence graphs (DDG)
for optimising compilation. It is built on top of the LEDA graph library
(see http://www.algorithmic-solutions.com/enleda.htm). Our graph library
is specially though for research purposes where people are willing to
make quick, robust and modular implementations of code optimisation
techniques for basic blocks and simple innermost loops (modelled by
regular mono-dimensional data dependences). We manage directed acyclic
graphs (DAGs) for basic blocks and cyclic graphs for innermost loops.
The user is able to take advantage of many standard algorithms for
graphs. Also, numerous algorithms on data dependence graphs are
implemented. It is also possible to configure the library for different
instruction set architectures, and multiple register types.

What is New in version 2.0
--------------------------
          * Now, DDG may handle complex ISA, with multiple register types.
Each instruction may write multiple results of distinct types.
          * Add new classes : ARCHITECTURE, REGISTER_TYPES
          * Enhancements of precedent classes : adding check methods, adding
multiple register types
          * Register saturation computation can be done of any register type.
          * Bug fix in Register Saturation Computation
          * New enhanced XML formats for input/output DDG and architecture
description.
          * Deprecated DDG file formats: gl.
          * Now, DDG is distributed under the LGPL software licence instead
of GPL.

Requested Libraries for Using DDG
          * Getting a LEDA licence is required in order to be able to build
new binaries using our DDG library. For our colleagues in universities,
algorithmic-solutions offers free academic binary LEDA licences allowing
you to use our DDG library.
          * For our XML parsing, we use the free library libxerces-c. It is
provided in almost all linux distribution.