Welcome to the 23rd year of comp.compilers

Comp.compilers <compilers-request@iecc.com>
Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:05:49 -0500 (EST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Welcome to the 23rd year of comp.compilers compilers-request@iecc.com (Comp.compilers) (2009-01-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Comp.compilers <compilers-request@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:05:49 -0500 (EST)
Posted-Date: 01 Jan 2009 11:14:09 EST

This newsgroup started the first week of 1986 as mod.compilers. I
think it is now the oldest active moderated group still with the
original moderator.

We've all gotten older--some people who used to post as undergraduates
are now professors--but I'm pleased to see that we still have a mix of
topics ranging from basics to open research questions, and that people
are able to argue while remaining civil. (This makes the moderator's
job a lot more pleasant.)

It's also gone mildly multimedia; since some ISPs no longer provide
usenet access, it's available on the web with an RSS feed and, for the
traditionally minded, as a majordomo2 mailing list.

We now return you to your previous discussion of compilers, already in
progress.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator,
johnl@iecc.com, http://compilers.iecc.com