About register allocation - rewrite program

xianwei <baikaishiuc@gmail.com>
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:15:07 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
About register allocation - rewrite program baikaishiuc@gmail.com (xianwei) (2008-11-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: xianwei <baikaishiuc@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:15:07 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 28 Nov 2008 12:21:59 EST

In book <Modern compiler implementation in C> written by Anderw
W.Appel,
The chapter of Register Allocation taught me if the program have
actual spill, you must rewrite program,
Allocate memory space for every V included by spilledNode,
every V's def and use must create a new temp Vi. In program (instruct
sequence)
after Def(Vi) insert a STORE instruct, Before Use(Vi) insert a LOAD
instruct.

My problem: how to speeded the find all Def(V) and Use (V)?
In my program every V in spilledNode lead a O(n) (n is the number of
instruct) search.

My english is poor, I try my best express in clearly.