About the different granularity of parallelism research

milla.sun@gmail.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
About the different granularity of parallelism research milla.sun@gmail.com (2008-09-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: milla.sun@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 13 Sep 2008 11:54:26 EDT

There exists several different granularity of parallelism,such as fine
grain parallelism and coarse grain parallelism( eg. Task level
parallelism).
Some technics tackle with exploiting fine grain parallelism such as
Stanford's famous approach proposed by 1998,and some other technics
address the issue of exploiting task level prarallelism such as
Compaan/Laura approach by Leiden University.

So, what I want to ask is : the trend of exploiting parallelism.
Any papers or surveys that contain comparison of these different
granularity of parallelism, or other concept related(such as evolution
of exploiting the fine/ coarse grain parallelism) will be preferred.

If anybody could recommend some research work or publications that is
related to above issues, I would appreciate for that.

Thank you very much!