Re: Compiler creation toolkit

scholz.lothar@gmail.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:40:24 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler creation toolkit scholz.lothar@gmail.com (2008-06-09)
Re: Compiler creation toolkit kamalpr@hp.com (kamal) (2008-06-10)
Re: Compiler creation toolkit scholz.lothar@gmail.com (2008-06-11)
Re: Compiler creation toolkit ang.usenet@gmail.com (Aaron Gray) (2008-06-11)
Re: Compiler creation toolkit anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (2008-06-11)
Re: Compiler creation toolkit rich@pennware.com (Richard Pennington) (2008-06-14)
Re: Compiler creation toolkit scholz.lothar@gmail.com (2008-06-17)
Re: Compiler creation toolkit bc@freeuk.com (Bartc) (2008-06-18)

From: scholz.lothar@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:40:24 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 14 Jun 2008 08:50:53 EDT

On 9 Jun., 21:29, scholz.lot...@gmail.com wrote:
> My project is to create an eiffel like compiler.
> For the final optimized results i will generate c code, but i would
> like to use something else for faster updates in the edit-compile-run
> cycle. Is there any framework other then GNU lightning (which seems
> unmaintained - last release is 4 years old) or llvm (which does looks
> just like a tradional compiler backend).

Okay, lets get a little bit close to the iron if there seems no other
way. Does somebody know about an (multithread safe) assembler library
where i can feed some assembler source code string and an address
space and it generates the code. I looked at nasm, unfortunately it is
not a library and does use global variables, exit calls und unclean
memory handling so i can't quickly convert it into a library.