Optimization for OOP

sgkelly4@gmail.com
Sat, 3 May 2008 17:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Optimization for OOP sgkelly4@gmail.com (2008-05-03)
Re: Optimization for OOP torbenm@app-1.diku.dk (2008-05-05)
Re: Optimization for OOP mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de (Dmitry A. Kazakov) (2008-05-05)
Re: Optimization for OOP dot@dotat.at (Tony Finch) (2008-05-05)
Re: Optimization for OOP lucretia9@lycos.co.uk (lucretia9@lycos.co.uk) (2008-05-05)
Re: Optimization for OOP mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de (Dmitry A. Kazakov) (2008-05-06)
Re: Optimization for OOP sgkelly4@gmail.com (2008-05-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sgkelly4@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 17:53:05 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 03 May 2008 21:40:08 EDT

Hello,

I'm in the beginning of writing an optimizer for an object oriented
programming language. At the moment I'm working on developing a list
of possible optimizations that can be performed on the code. The
language runs on a virtual machine.

While I have a fairly good list of optimizations possible I seem to be
drawing a blank on what to do to optimize objects and classes in the
language. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right
direction for OOP optimization resources (for example... detailed info
on what Java does to optimize classes and objects at compile time).

In addition I am looking for some good books or articles pertaining to
common subexpression elimination. I've read a few things on it and
understand the general concept and implementation, but would like
additional information if possible.

Thanks :)