Re: py -Perl Yacc

"Casiano Rodriguez-Leon" <casiano.rodriguez.leon@gmail.com>
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:11:28 +0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: py -Perl Yacc casiano.rodriguez.leon@gmail.com (Casiano Rodriguez-Leon) (2008-02-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Casiano Rodriguez-Leon" <casiano.rodriguez.leon@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:11:28 +0000
Posted-Date: 10 Feb 2008 17:27:48 EST

Hello,

>BTW, besides your tool, there are other modules for parser construction
>in Perl: Parse::Yapp (written by Francois Desarmien) and
>Parse::RecDescent (written by Damian Conway).

I have written Parse::Eyapp (available at
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Parse::Eyapp).
Parse::Eyapp extends yacc/Parse::Yapp syntax with functionalities like

- Named attributes,
- EBNF-like expressions
- Modifiable default action
- Automatic Abstract Syntax Tree building
- Automatic Directed Acyclic Graph building
- Translation schemes
- A language for tree transformations
- Tools for scope analysis support,

and a few more. I have used in a Compiler Construction Course for several years.
Consider it if you intend to do parsing or compiler construction in Perl.

Regards

Casiano